Dover Rug and Home have opened two new locations, Chestnut Hill and Cape Cod, Massachusetts.B The new showrooms will have the same selection of rugs, carpets, flooring and window treatments that you can come to expect at Dover Rug, now with four locations, Dover Rug is just closer to home.
Dover Rug Gallery at Design Mantra, Chestnut Hill, MA
Dover Rug Gallery at Artifacts Fine Furniture, Cape Cod, MA
New window treatments are the finishing touch to any remodeling project.B B ButB planning for andB shopping for new window treatments can be overwhelmingB B Whether you have lived in your home for years, or just moving in to a new home, you will need to manage the details of your window treatment project. We found these tips for our favorite website ehow.com.
- Pick up a few decorating magazines from your local book store. Take some time to browse through them and tear out pictures of rooms and window treatments that reflect your style and what you hope to achieve. Save your pictures in a folder or notebook and don’t be afraid to scribble notes so you remember what caught your eye.
- Wood Blinds for maximum light control – Take your pictures and notes shopping. You will need to see, touch and feel many different kinds of window treatments. Talk to the staff to get more expert advice about which products will work best for your particular situation. A good basic initial question is “Are your window treatments primarily for light control or decoration?” How soon do you need them?
- Information gathering about various materials and products -Your selections may include drapes, blinds, roman shades, verticals etc. Take the time to look at as much product as possible. Ask for manufacturers brochures to take home. Take a break, go to lunch and go back. Keep an open mind and take notes. Don’t buy on the first trip out unless you have already done your homework
- Pinch Pleated Drapery -Select a few drapes in different styles and colors that you like. Purchase only one each and take them home to see how they look in your environment. You will be surprised how different the colors look in the store versus your home. Be sure to ask your retailer about getting refunds during the selection process
- Use a good steel tape measure -Take the appropriate measurements for the window treatments your interested in. Window treatment measurement accuracy is critical, more critical than you may imagine. You may want to hire a professional to measure for you. They will charge a fee but will usually deduct the price of the measure from the actual installation.
If you still need help simply make an appointment for a complimentary consultation for at Dover Rug, and one of our Decorator Consultants will visit you in the convenience of your home.B Good luck on your project!